Sunday, August 08, 2010

 
I went out the other evening in early August, 2010 and took a few pictures of the garden as it looks now. I had just mowed the lawn and it looked pretty good. It has changed a lot, and for the better in the last few years. A lot of flowers were in bloom this spring, but now the pickings are fewer. The White Maple replaced the Bradford Pear that got the foam treatment. It is growing nicely now.

Several rabbits frequent my garden. In the spring i have to put fencing around the smaller blueberries and azaleas and young plants in the vegetable garden. At this time of year, though, they eat the clover in the lawn and that is fine. This little guy is unafraid of me and lets me get within about 8 feet before he (or she) hops a little further away.

The rabbit picture is a very long shot at full telephoto of my Olympus SP-550UZ. It has an 18X optical magnification and I cropped the picture by about 4x. The camera was braced against the doorway to the shed in the first picture.
Posted by Picasa

I will post some more pictures soon.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?