Sunday, July 16, 2006

 

Planting mugo pines...

Today I planted 9 little mugo pines (pinus mugo mugho). These were late season on sale plants from Wal*Mart for $3.00 each. I put one out front last year and it is growing slowly, but nicely. These plants get 4 feet wide and 4 feet high at maturity, but don't look on the web. The pictures of these full grown plants are up to 20 ft high. Mostly they will stay small rounded evergreen conifers. Just right for the winter garden when everything else has lost its leaves. I planted two at the base of the larger trees in the planting beds I have established around each tree. These beds have a five foot radius which is a nice tight turn for the lawnmower.

The weather is hot and humid and things are drying out. The township has put us on watering only three days a week. Odd and even address alternate and no one waters on Mondays. With all the new plants I have in the ground this year, I have to be careful to keep them alive.

Still have about 3 more yards of mulch to place. So much to do, I have a tough time deciding what to do next.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?